[MEncoder-users] Determining proper frame rate

Laine Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 23 06:47:23 CET 2009

On 12/13/09 9:37 AM, "Chris Capon" <ttabyss at gmail.com> wrote:

> One way to get 30 fps from telecined content seems to work if you are
> using the -of mpeg encoder.
>
> Use filmdint=io=30:24 -ofps 24000/1001 then add the -mpegopts telecine
> parameter.  This produces output which is encoded at 24 fps but then is
> soft scaled to 30 fps when played (so the output size stays the same).
> This allows telecined content to play on older DVD players which may not
> support 24 fps.

I've tried that telecine option, but nothing I feed the resulting video into
sees it as 30 fps. The DVD players say 24, mediainfo says 24, QuickTime
player says 24. I don't understand why. Does the command option have other
requirements? I mean if the output of a command that employs that option is
30, it should be obvious, right?

Laine Lee