[MEncoder-users] Video Filters on YV12 Raw Stream

Jarred Nicholls jarred.nicholls at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:14:36 CET 2009

Certain video filters (scale, expand) are having no effect on a YV12 input
stream (e.g., mencoder video.yuv -vf scale=640:480 -o video2.yuv -ovc raw).
 The rotate filter works fine, but the scale doesn't act the way it normally
does and neither does expand.  Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is?
 Is there a workaround to have those two aforementioned filters (scale,
expand) work appropriately?  Scale, for example, will scale it down to the
same height as the scale filter's input, but then fix the width to keep the
original aspect ratio.  Note, I've noticed this is the way mplayer's filters
work all of the time on any input.

Thanks for your help,
Jarred