[MEncoder-users] adding harddup's after the fact...

Jarred Nicholls jarred.nicholls at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:37:19 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Josh Sharpe <josh.m.sharpe at gmail.com>wrote:

> Do I use that with -ovc copy ? Eg:
>
> Mencider -ovc copy -mc 0 -opfs 29.97 -oac copy -o new.avi old.avi

Yes you can.  Example:

mencoder -ovc copy -oac faac -faacopts br=192 -srate 44100 -of lavf -o
IMG_0018.mp4 -vf harddup -mc 0 IMG_0018.MOV

In that example I'm copying my original h.264 video but re-encoding the
audio to AAC.  If just '-mc 0' doesn't work by itself, and you know what the
output FPS is "suppose" to be, then specify '-ofps' as well (some input
formats have variable frame rate which mencoder doesn't understand
sometimes, but usually just copying the video stream doesn't require -ofps).
 Try without -ofps first.

On a side note, when you specify -ofps and you want 29.97, use the
fractional version instead, i.e., '-ofps 30000/1001'.

Jarred