[MEncoder-users] Encoding movies with DTS tracks

Olivier Rolland billl at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 4 07:33:38 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm having troubles encoding a movie with a DTS track downmixing it to
2 channels. Whatever the combinations of -channels, -af channels and
-af pan, with and without the video stream, I always have "too many
video packets in the buffer".

Here are simplified versions of the command lines I used:
$ mencoder -mc 0 -oac copy -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=800 -vf
harddup -o test.avi -aid 138 dvd://1
$ mencoder -mc 0 -oac copy -ovc copy -of rawaudio -o test.dts -aid 138 dvd://1

I known that I can dump the audio stream (-dumpaudio) and mux it
later, but in that case, it is not downmixed to 2 channels.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks,

Olivier

PS. All the tests were made with rev 29975