[MEncoder-users] How do I obtain patent licensing for so I can distribute several DVD video disks?

D. Arnold Dfs3WWI9 at nemr.net
Sat Aug 29 05:19:33 CEST 2009

Hi.  First post here.

I want to give friends and a local library some DVD video disks
with restored public domain movies that would play in common
movie players.  That would make me a small scale manufacturer and
distributor.  I have had no success finding how to obtain patent
licensing for the disks and the encoding methods.  Can anyone
tell me how a hobbyist might obtain patent licensing for
distributing a few dozen DVD video disks with the audio-visual
encoding methods used for DVD video?