[MEncoder-users] CoreAVC not working with MPlayer/MEncoder

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 01:32:21 CEST 2009

James Hastings-Trew wrote:
> I presume you are on Windows
I am.
> Have you tried
> decoding the video with graphedit? If graphedit can render the video,
> you can save the .grf file and use it as input with AviSynth.
GraphEdit is easy enough to use. It doubles as a way to configure the
various filters/codecs/whatever too, which is nice.
>  Then you
> can use the AVISynth script as input to mencoder.
I didn't know that. I'll definitely have to play around with AVISynth's
filters.

>  I know it sounds like
> quite a trip around the block to accomplish what you are trying to
Whatever works, I suppose.

> Google around for a tutorial on exactly how to do
> this - I think there is likely an article at doom9 about it.

I couldn't find anything specific to this on doom9, but GraphEdit is
easy to use and AVISynth seems to have plenty of documentation.