[MEncoder-users] ac3 reencode-channels confusion

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 12 05:51:53 CEST 2009

On 08/11/2009 04:25 PM, Bernd Butscheidt wrote:

> The Wanderer <wanderer at fastmail.fm>:
>
>> At a brief guess, read up on the '-af channels' filter. '-channels'
>> by itself doesn't seem to provide a way to specify the channel
>> layout.
>
> O.K:

> -af channels=6:6:1:1:2:2:3:3:4:3:5:5:6:6

Why are you mapping both channel 3 and channel 4 into channel 3? I would
expect that that might produce errors.

If that's not it, then we've reached the limits of my knowledge of this
particular part of MEncoder, and I'd have to start experimenting in
order to figure anything else out.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.