[MEncoder-users] Extracting video parts using mencoder

Epithemeus epithemeus.afterthought at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:58:51 CEST 2009

Thank you! It works now. The ffmpeg option was the most convenient.

ffmpeg has an option of -sameq (for quality of the split video). This
implies VBR, and hence a larger size than what it 'should' be (for instance,
when the -sameq is not used). If -sameq is not used, the size of the split
video seems about right but the quality isn't the same. Is there a way to
keep the quality of the split video the same and not increasing the size so
significantly? Any ideas for this?

Epithemeus