[MEncoder-users] Audio/Video desync during conversion by mencoder

Florian Sollinger sollinge at fs.tum.de
Thu Apr 9 17:22:28 CEST 2009

Hi!

I'm a newbie myself, so let's see if I can help you...

[trying to rescale a Matroska video]

 > First I tried to use command
> mencoder -o converted.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -vf scale=400:-2 original.mkv

Sure you want to copy your Matroska File into a AVI Container without
re-encoding?

> mencoder -o converted.avi -oac lavc -ovc lavc -vf scale=400:-2 original.mkv

As far as I can see this will use the MPEG2 audio codec and the MPEG4
video codec. Is this what you want?

> In the resulting file the audio was well behind video. Option -noskip
> didn't help. What would be the proper way to convert the file?

The rescaling is not the reason for the sync problem. It must be because
of the re-encoding.

Another idea: Already tried the harddup option (-vf harddup,scale=...)?

Florian