[MEncoder-users] Extracting video parts using mencoder

Epithemeus epithemeus.afterthought at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:59:19 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to extract specific parts of a video (MPG format) using
MEncoder.

1.       Upon using:

mencoder inputFile.mpg -ss 0.0 -endpos 600.0 -ovc copy -oac copy -o
outputPart1.mpg

This allows me to extract the first 600 seconds of the video.

2.       To extract the next 600 seconds, I use the following:

                mencoder inputFile.mpg -ss 600.0 -endpos 600.0 -ovc copy
-oac copy -o outputPart2.mpg

For some reason, this only yields the last 200 seconds (approx.) of the
video.

Am I missing something here? Any ideas would be very helpful!

Thanks!

epithemeus