[MEncoder-users] mencoder can't see audio

Brian voilsb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 03:40:42 CEST 2009

I've run into an unusual situation with mencoder. It only seems to
happen with one particular DVD.
I get the error:
Selected DVD audio channel: 128 language: en
MPEG-PS file format detected.
MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.

Then it starts to encode the video, and it displays a 0 bitrate for
audio ... like it's not doing anything with audio.

Then the encoding crashes with this error:
Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8253504 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.

Now, how can I have too many audio packets, if there's no audio stream?
Here's my command line:
mencoder dvd://23 -ovc copy -oac copy -o test.avi

I get the same error if I add -ni to the command line.

Here's the most unusual part:
If I execute
mplayer dvd://23

It still gives me the "no audio stream found" error, but then it prints:
Opening audio decoder: [liba52] AC3 decoding with liba52
Using SSE optimized IMDCT transform
Using MMX optimized resampler
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 384.0 kbit/25.00% (ratio: 48000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [a52] afm: liba52 (AC3-liba52)

It then plays the movie just fine, sound and all.

Any suggestions? I'm running version SVN-r28964-4.3.2
--
Brian Voils