[MEncoder-users] order in filter chain for eq2 and scale

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 07:56:47 CEST 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:21:39 +0200
Christian Ebert <blacktrash at gmx.net> wrote:

> Does this look ok?

Nothing pathological.  A second instance of scale doesn't seem to be
inserted...  (not that it would be notably bad if it was)

> I also wonder why yuv420p or 420P or something is not mentioned
> as format anywhere (I looked).

"yuv420p" is YUV (or more accurately Y'Cr'Cb') at 4:2:0 sampling.
MPlayer output and docs just use shorthand.

> >  -vf format=yv12,scale,eq2,scale,format=bgr15
>
> I wonder whether I could use something along those lines to avoid
> the bleached colors when deinterlacing from interlaced dvvideo to
> progressive.

Quite possible, but I don't have any suggestions as I've never seen the
problem myself.  With MPlayer outputting to XV, you'll want yv12 as the
final format, and you can set the first to anything MPlayer supports to
try it out.

--
Don't trust me! I'm wrong!