[MEncoder-users] losing 5.1 audio on -oac copy transcode

Dan Shoup deshoup at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:08:03 CEST 2008

Well, glad to hear I am not alone.  Do you know if there is any way to overwrite the spurious info after the file is created (e.g., a program to change the header or something)?  Alternatively, would there be a way to force mencoder to use a52_synchinfo() as it should by using a command line option?> I see this as well. It looks as though mencoder, directly or indirectly, > is using a52_frame() to obtain stream information where it should be using > a52_syncinfo(). The former returns information about a decoded frame > _after_ mixing to the requested number of channels. The latter, objective > information about a frame (at least according to the a52dec > documentation).> > The end result is spurious information being placed in the avi file (auds > chunk?). The audio stream itself is unmodified.> _______________________________________________> MEncoder-users mailing list> MEncoder-users at mplayerhq.hu> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mencoder-users