[MEncoder-users] From NTSC to PAL (avi)

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Wed Oct 29 03:14:49 CET 2008

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Søren Juul wrote:

> I have already tried -oftp, but that did not seem to help either, I
> still got out of sync sound after a few minutes on the dvd player.

Make sure you put "harddup" at the end of a filter chain.  If that doesn't
help, you might try running the AVIs through avisync.

If neither of those works for you, you could try updating the player
firmware and/or building a new mencoder.  I have a Philips DVP5982 which,
reputedly, had some problems early on, but I can't speak from first-hand
experience as I installed a firmware upgrade first thing and haven't
encountered any difficulties when encoding with SVN mencoder.