[MEncoder-users] From NTSC to PAL (avi)

Søren Juul zpon.dk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 13:46:42 CET 2008

Hi

My dvd-player (Philips DVDR3595H) can not play AVI files encoded as
NTSC (at least no watch-able), so I have been using -fps 25 to
re-encode them to PAL, now I can see them, but slowly the sound gets
more and more behind. I have tried with "-fps 25 -ofps 25" but I got
the same problem. I always use "-oac copy -ovc copy", to keep up
speed.

They play fine in mplayer, I guess this is because mplayer can sync
automatically some how, is there any way I can turn the sync off, so I
can test with mplayer?

What could be the problem with the files? Does someone know how to
covert a avi file from NTSC to PAL properly?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Søren Juul