[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Thu Oct 16 05:52:43 CEST 2008

On 10/14/08 6:57 AM, "Stroller" <stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> On 14 Oct 2008, at 04:01, Laine Lee wrote:
>> On 10/13/08 4:00 PM, "Stroller" <stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> BTW: I believe that undvd's "--cont mp4" outputs a more valid
>>> container format.
>>
>> I haven't been the least bit successful when I've tried that. When I
>> do, an
>> output file is created with a name like "[title].avi.partial", and
>> then
>> disappears without being replaced by a "[title].mp4" or anything else.
>> "Remuxing" appears as the last entry in the terminal output with no
>> values
>> in the line. I even went as far as compiling and installing mp4creator
>> because it was the only apparent deficiency in my tool set revealed by
>> "undvd -C".
>
> What do the logs say?
>
> (you might send these directly to Martin if you're able to reproduce
> the problem)
>
> Stroller.

Well, yeah. They say I don't have mp4creator installed. Apparently what I
tried to compile was just a script for using mp4creator that comes with
mpeg4ip (what I thought would contain mp4creator, because I couldn't get it
from <http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/downloads/index.php>), which I got from
here:
<http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mpeg4ip/mpeg4ip-1.5.0.1.tar.gz>
.

"/usr/local/bin/mp4creator -create 01.aac 01.mp4
/usr/local/bin/mp4creator: error: /usr/local/bin/.libs/mp4creator does not
exist
This script is just a wrapper for mp4creator.
See the libtool documentation for more information."

I haven't been able to figure out how to build mp4creator on my Mac OS X
system. How can I do it?

Thanks.

--
Laine Lee