[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Sun Oct 12 07:45:38 CEST 2008

On 10/9/08 12:19 PM, "Martin Matusiak" <numerodix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hope it works for you!

I think you can ignore most of what I included in my previous reply about
Macports and not being able to find the call to /usr/bin/time because I
downloaded undvd 0.7.1 and it appears to be working fine!

I downloaded from

<http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/undvd/undvd-0.7.1.tar.gz>.

Then I just expanded and ran "make install". I started with this command
line:

undvd -t 01 -a en -d /dev/disk3

The first time I ran the command, I got an error and the error message in
the log included "source busy", so I just went to Disk Utility, then
selected my DVD's volume name under the DVD entry in the device list and
unmounted it (without ejecting, of course). Now I just need to find out how
to amend the above command to insure that the output retains the 24 fps
frame rate (and maybe a few more tweaks).

Thanks!

--
Laine Lee