[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Martin Matusiak numerodix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 19:19:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 6:06 AM, Laine Lee <llee at lonestar.utsa.edu> wrote:
> eason why a perl version of this construct should fail.
>>
>> There's no reason the Bash construct should fail, either.
>>
>> undvd doesn't allow "your shell" to get stumped or not:
>>
>> $ head -1 /usr/share/undvd/undvd
>> #!/bin/bash
>> $
>>
>> This is on my Mac:
>>
>> $ uname -a
>> Darwin funf.stroller.uk.eu.org 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Wed
>> Sep  3 11:31:44 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.7.58~1/RELEASE_PPC Power
>> Macintosh
>> $ bash --version
>> GNU bash, version 3.2.17(1)-release (powerpc-apple-darwin9.0)
>> Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> $
>>

>>> Please let me know when it's available, ...
>>

>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=211949
>>
>> http://www.matusiak.eu/numerodix/blog/index.php/2008/10/05/undvd-now-in-perl/
>
> Thanks Stroller and Martin.

I've had a closer look at the issue and I have some confidence that it
should run now (out of the box, even). Here is the latest:
http://www.matusiak.eu/numerodix/blog/index.php/2008/10/09/update-on-undvd-packages/

> How did it get into /usr/share?

/usr/share is a reasonable install location in linux, so that's where
that comes from. I realize the Mac fs layout is quite different, but
when you install from MacPorts it lands in /opt/local so it would just
be /opt/local/usr/share.

> Is there a way to make the perl version use my bash version of
> /usr/bin/time? Mine doesn't have a -v option. Man says csh shell has a
> different version, but I don't know how to use it with undvd.

This problem is solved by removing the call to time. It's a somewhat
useful, but not in any way required thing.

Hope it works for you!

Martin