[MEncoder-users] forceidx and idx

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Tue Oct 7 17:52:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 19:34, Евгений Жарков (Eugene Zharkov)
wrote:
[...]
> ok if my files return wrong video length with mencoder
> -identify, which option best to be used?

-idx takes effect only if file lacks index, this saves time but
will not correct existing, but broken indices.
-forceidx will always rewrite indices, even normal ones. This is no
harm with this, just some time wasting in case of good files. So
use it if you struggle from files with weird indices.

Just curious: how do you determine that video length is wrong?
Well, if it is non-positive, that's obvious, but what if it is
just differs for a while from the original value?

Andrew