[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 01:47:27 CEST 2008

On 3 Oct 2008, at 15:27, Laine Lee wrote:
> Thanks, Stroller. I'm not having any luck with undvd, but for
> different
> reasons. I'm using Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5, and there seems to be some
> difficulty for me with the "do" construct in the script at line 176,
> because
> I just get "command not found" with a reference to that line.
>
> After messing around with trying to solve the errors I was getting
> with the
> dd command, I simply bypassed the clone step by adding the "-n"
> option, and
> then met the above error. My command line was
>
> "undvd -t 01 -a en -d /dev/disk1 -n".

I can't give you a specific reason, but I really wouldn't hold any
expectation of undvd working under OS X.

Having said that, I can't indeed give you a specific reason for this
belief, and I guess that it should, providing all the tools it calls
also work under MacOS. The only quirky OS X thing I can immediately
think of is its habit of referring to Volumes as /dev/disk0s3, but
putting a DVD in the drive here I see you appear to have covered that.
I don't suppose you've tried /Volumes/D093276 (or whatever) have you?

Asides from that you might try making an iso some other way (Disk
Utility doesn't accommodate isos, though, does it? How about Toast?
You can always dd it to file manually, I guess) and pointing undvd at
it using "-i disc.iso".

You should certainly run `undvd -C` before proceeding further. Is 01
definitely shown as a valid title when you run `scandvd`, or are you
picking that one (excuse me) just because you didn't know what else to
do?

Stroller.