[MEncoder-users] Seek command in slave mode is not precise

Dusan Halicky dusan.halicky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 19:29:26 CET 2008

Hi.

I use mplayer in slave mode to play mkv file. I set osdlevel to 3 so I
see current time on the screen. The problem is, when I use command
"seek 4 2", it jump to 00:09:00. Also when I use "seek 60 2", it
actually seek to 64 or so. But sometimes it jump on correct time
(usually when I choose different time, e.g. "seek 300 2" jumps to
00:05:00). What is this randomnes and how can I avoid it?

I'm using mplayer in slave mode for subtitle corrections and theese
times are very important for me. Thanks