[MEncoder-users] How do I create a stream compliant with HD-receiver from DVD

Jean-Jacques Mouris mourisj at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 21:30:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

I want to do the reverse job most people usually do: I have a video in DVD-format (VOBs etc.) an I want to bring it in a format so as to be able to be played from my Sat-Receiver. The receiver is a Kathrein UFS822.
In brief: I want to convert my DVD to some output format, copy it to the HD of my receiver, and watch it from there.

The video recorded don't give me much information, as they don't seam to contain headers, etc.

I have not much knowledge about video formats, so I have no idea what kind of output I should create, nor have I deaper knowledge about things ike bitrates, etc.

I hope sb out there can give me some hints how to proceed.

TIA

Jean-Jacques