[MEncoder-users] How to change the audio timestamps

A. Schmid sahib at phreaker.net
Thu May 29 11:22:25 CEST 2008

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
> Hey, what if I capture sound directly from v4l instead of using alsa?

This is possible, provided that you TV-card supports it.
Just use the -v option to get some more output about yout tv-card.

But, at least with my setup, the sound quality is very bad without "-tv
alsa".

How do I make mencoder capture from OSS (-ao is an mplayer option)?
Just leaving out the "alsa" option distorts sound, setting
"immediatemode=1" doesn't seem to work for me (no audio).

Regards
Alex