[MEncoder-users] sstep with cropdetect

Micah Chambers micahc at vt.edu
Thu May 29 04:32:40 CEST 2008

For some reason I can't get cropdetect to work with sstep. I found a
resolved. I am using the latest version of mplayer in svn:
here is my configuration flags:

  Install prefix: ~/bin/mplayer
  Data directory: ~/bin/mplayer/share/mplayer
  Config direct.: ~/bin/mplayer/etc/mplayer

  Byte order: little-endian
  Optimizing for:

  Languages:
    Messages/GUI: en
    Manual pages: en

  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input: ftp pvr tv-teletext tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv cddb cdda
libdvdcss(internal) dvdread(internal) vcd dvb smb network
    Codecs: x264 xvid libavcodec real xanim faad2 faac libmpeg2 liba52
mp3lib libtheora tremor(internal) libmad liblzo gif
    Audio output: alsa oss v4l2 sdl mpegpes(dvb)
    Video output: v4l2 sdl gif89a pnm jpeg png mpegpes(dvb) fbdev aa xvidix
cvidix opengl dga xv x11 xover md5sum tga
  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: dvdnav vstream radio tv-dshow live555 nemesi
    Codecs: libdv libamr_wb libamr_nb qtx win32 musepack libdca speex
toolame twolame
    Audio output: sun openal jack pulse esd arts ivtv dxr2 nas
    Video output: zr zr2 ivtv dxr3 dxr2 vesa svga caca ggi xmga mga winvidix
3dfx xvmc dfbmga directfb bl xvr100 tdfx_vid s3fb tdfxfb

so here is what happens:

$ ~/mplayer/mplayer -vf cropdetect -vo null -nosound -sstep 100 -frames 10
Judge\ Dredd.vob
MPlayer dev-SVN-r26916-4.2.4 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15,
Stepping: 11)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
Cannot load bitmap font: /home/osmo/.fonts/microsoft-vista/calibri.ttf

Playing Judge Dredd.vob.
MPEG-PS file format detected.
VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x480  (aspect 2)  29.970 fps  9800.0 kbps (1225.0 kbyte/s)
dvdsublang...judge dredd fi fin en eng
dvdsublang...judge dredd fi fin en eng
Opening video filter: [cropdetect]
Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Mpeg PES)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
Opening video filter: [lavc]
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffmpeg2] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-2)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
[mpeg1video @ 0xb50d60]removing common factors from framerate
VO: [null] 720x480 => 720x540 Mpeg PES
V: 208.9   9/  7 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
demux_mpg: 24000/1001fps progressive NTSC content detected, switching
framerate.
V:   0.0  51/ 48 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0

Could it be a compile flag I have left out or something?
Thanks