[MEncoder-users] RMVB + w32codecs -> Xvid == Very high audio delay!

Leonardo Amaral leonardosilv at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 22 03:05:08 CEST 2008

Em Wednesday 21 May 2008 14:58:48 Vladimir Mosgalin escreveu:
> Hi Leonardo Amaral!
>
>  On 2008.05.21 at 12:09:51 -0300, Leonardo Amaral wrote next:
> > Im getting trouble to convert RMVB to Xvid. Even using lavc or xvid
> > directly
>
> Please show all mencoder options

mencoder -v 20.19.19_17.rmvb -oac mp3lame -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
vhq=2:bvhq=1:chroma_opt:quant_type=mpeg:turbo:bitrate=800 -lameopts
cbr:br=128:mode=0 -o 20.19.19_17.avi

Ive tryed a lot based on mencoder site documentation.

> > from mencoder, the result file gets a very high audio delay (the delay
> > grows each second) and i dont know how to solve it.
>
> Does it happen when you play file in mplayer?

No! This is the most interesting. My uncle said to me DVD players that play
Divx need another encoding options at price of get trouble with decoding. I
really dont know this parameters, but my focus is encode to DVD player (Its a
Samsung Divx 5.1 compatible)

> Does -mc 0 help?

Not tried. Ill do this

> > 1 duplicate frame(s)!
>
> nothing wrong with that
>
> > Skipping frame!
>
> more than a few skipped frames are bad thing unless you are doing fps
> conversion..

A lot! Scrolls very fast both 2 messages, alternatelly.

> > Ive attached the output here:
> > http://www.leleobhz.org/mencoder_rmvb_xvid_paste.txt (The stderr i cannot
> > put into file).
>
> Use 2>&1 to redirect stderr to stdout
> Also, using -v wouldn't hurt (since you are separating output from this
> message anyway).

Ive tryed, but for some reason i dunno, it dont goes to the file. -v gave-me
too much garbage too.

--
Leonardo Amaral - Administrador de Sistemas Linux
Tel: 31 8432-5025 / 31 4062-7411