[MEncoder-users] Mencoder params

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Wed May 21 19:00:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:45:29 +0200
"Raimund Berger" <raimund.berger at gmail.com> wrote:

> (1) You don't need to encode audio on the first pass. To save cpu
>     cycles, rather use -oac copy

Quite the contrary.  Changing the audio encoder will very likely cause
different frames to be dropped, resulting in lower quality 2-pass
encoding, and potentially the second-pass crashing as well.

> (4) "raw" in faacopts prevents remuxing and doesn't have any obvious
>     advantage; I wonder how you came up with this

Necessary for direct output to mp4 with mencoder/lavf, as explained in
the man page. No wonder you think that muxing to mov/mp4 is broken...