[MEncoder-users] Problem encoding raw video output of mencoder

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:31:33 CEST 2008

Bram <bram at mencoder.as.avontuur.org> writes:

> Ah. Exactly the reason why I don't demux and mux using a single mencoder
> process indeed. I can now indeed decode audio and video in one go, while
> other programs take care of the encoding.
>
> Would a stripped down patch be accepted, or has this been discussed to
> death and dropped already?

Not sure, you might want to ask on the dev list.

I know though that there's been previous attempts in a similar
direction, e.g.
 http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-July/019892.html
for mplayer, and a similarly headed patch for mencoder
 http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-January/014610.html

Apparently, both didn't make it for not really obvious reasons, so I
would take this into consideration if I were to spend serious time on
preparing a patch.