[MEncoder-users] Problem encoding raw video output of mencoder

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Tue May 20 11:41:10 CEST 2008

Bram <bram at mencoder.as.avontuur.org> writes:

> Mainly for outputting audio streams only; I couldn't figure out how to
> get mencoder to just decode audio without video. Now I can using this:
>
> mencoder -quiet -oac pcm -pcmopts pipe=5 -ovc frameno -of rawvideo -aid 1 -af channels=2 -o NUL input.avi 5> audiopipe
>
> I can't get at just the audiostream without the patch. Is it possible?

-of rawaudio ?

That patch is actually meant to achieve something else some ppl have
been asking about, i.e. dumping raw video and audio streams
*simultaneously*. This can be useful in situations where the mencoder
muxer for the target container format is deficient but a/v sync issues
should be minimized.