[MEncoder-users] Merging H.264/AAC movies [HELP]

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon May 19 12:51:20 CEST 2008

Sebi Onofrei wrote:

> Hello people,
>
>  I tried but with no success yet to merge 2 H.264/AAC movies into one
> output, using this command:
>
> "mencoder -of lavf -lavfopts
> format=mp4:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -oac
> copy -ovc copy first.mov second.mov -o merged.mov"

The fact that the long "i_certify_" option is there indicates that you
are using an outdated version...

> The mencoder output after running the above configuration looks like this:
> MEncoder 1.0rc1-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

...and, indeed, 1.0rc1 is not even the most recent official release,
much less a recent development version. Please try again with at least
1.0rc2, preferably with the most recent development version compiled
from SVN sources, and see if you still have the same problem.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.