[MEncoder-users] Remuxing to mp4 on windows

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Wed May 14 08:37:10 CEST 2008

James Hastings-Trew <jimht at shaw.ca> writes:

>> mencoder-svn -msglevel statusline=6 -passlogfile .stats \
>>  -oac faac -faacopts br=128:object=2:mpeg=4 \
>>  -vf filmdint,crop=704:368:10:54,harddup \
>>  -ovc x264 -x264encopts \
>> -pass=2:bitrate=1000:ref=5:bframes=1:b-rdo:direct=auto:subme=6:\
>> trellis=1:partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4:me=umh:filter=-2,-2:threads=auto:\
>> no-psnr:no-ssim \
>>  -ofps 24000/1001 -o clip.avi clip.vob
>>
>> MP4Box -aviraw video clip.avi
>> MP4Box -aviraw audio clip.avi
>> mv clip_audio.raw clip_audio.aac
>>
>> MP4Box -fps 23.976 -add clip_video.h264:par=32:27 \
>>  -add clip_audio.aac:lang=en clip.mp4
>>

> I'll give all that fancy extra stuff in the mp4box command line a try
> and see if it makes a difference here.

It won't. The fancy stuff just sets the video pixel aspect ratio to be
ntsc widesrceen, and sets the language descriptor for the audio stream
to english. That doesn't make any difference whatsoever concerning the
audio encoding/muxing/playback, which was your main concern iirc.

The reason I posted this is to show that I got a QT 7.2. compatible
mp4 stream with really standard faac encoding and mp4 muxing options.

If that does not work for you, a possible reason could be the software
versions you are using. I have here
MEncoder dev-SVN-r26708-4.2.3
MP4Box - GPAC version 0.4.4
FAAC 1.26.1 (Nov 13 2007)
where faac would mean the library/dll version your mencoder links to.

Apart from that, you could supply some more information (gpac, faac,
QT versions, error messages etc.) if you want help on the issue.