[MEncoder-users] Remuxing to mp4 on windows

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Sun May 11 22:34:46 CEST 2008

James Hastings-Trew <jimht at shaw.ca> writes:

> Tried this this morning, and it doesn't work. I'm going with my
> externally encoded .m4a  audio solution for now, unless someone else has
> a "caramilk" secret to share about how to this.

Hm, strange. I know I created content some weeks ago which played back
in QT 7.1. The situation was slightly different though as the audio
track was independently encoded with standalone faac and then muxed
with mp4box into mp4, where faac produced the m4a files itself. I
would have expected muxing the raw audio created by mencoder/libfaac
into m4a with mp4box would achieve about the same. Quite surprising
that it would not.

Either way, I can't test it myself right now as I have no windows/mac
box available. Sharing any news on this would be appreciated though.