[MEncoder-users] Mencoder usage on the Grid

Jens Buysse jens.buysse at intec.ugent.be
Fri May 9 14:07:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm new on this mailing list so sorry if I ask a question which has
already been answered.

My problem is concerning mencoder usage on a resource node on a Grid
setup. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid_computing) The idea is to
split up a video file in different chunks, send them to different worker
nodes to get transcoded en than merged back together.

We want to use mencoder for this purpose: splitting, transcoding and
merging back together. The problem we encounter is that we do not find a
standalone version of the mencoder to send to these nodes... We are not
permitted to install software on these resources, though we can send our
software to it to work as a standalone version.

Now my question: where can I find a downloadable version of mencoder to
send to these worker nodes?

Or does anybody have a better idea?

Kind regards

Jens