[MEncoder-users] Problem with embedding subtitles

Diogo Franco diogomfranco at gmail.com
Wed May 7 19:40:28 CEST 2008

2008/5/7 Андреев Максим <andreevmaxim at gmail.com>:

> How i understand, if i use fifo i need wait full-time file playing? Yes,
> it's works, but for me wait so much is really no good.

Maybe not. You can pass the -ss -endpos parameters to both mplayer instances
if you remove -ss -t from ffmpeg. But I never used it, because on files with
AAC audio (almost every file I have) seeking without video is broken. Maybe
with other formats too. If it crashes, try removing the '-vc dummy' on the
pcm-dumping mplayer. This will increase CPU usage, but at least seeking may
work.

I recompile mencoder with ass patch - nothing changes. Or i need add
> something in mencoder parameters ("-ass" don't works)?

With mencoder, sometimes the order of the parameters are important. Try
passing everything in 'input' 'parameters' 'output' order. -ass should work
with mencoder with the correct ordering.