[MEncoder-users] VP6 two pass encoding

vpupkin at comcast.net vpupkin at comcast.net
Sun May 4 06:46:54 CEST 2008

hi there,

found this post:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user/7032/match=vp6vfw+dll

do I still need to apply this patch or main trunk already has it for 2pass encoding using VP6 codec?

compiled mencoder from the main trunk, still can't get 2pass encoding working.
when I run mencoder with the first pass settings file, it doesn't create a log file (statistics are
on the standard ouput) I can save that into a file, i.e.:

$ mencoder ... 0> 1stpass.log

is there a way to use this log file + mencoder with 2nd pass settings file? I've tried to play with
logfile name in the codec dialog window, file name without any path doesn't help.

I'm on linux (ubuntu gutsy), when I try to call mencoder with 2nd pass settings file, it freezes.
strace shows it's trying to read something (I assume can't find a log file)

anyway, let me know if  more debugging info would help, or perhaps I'm missing some
important step.

best, and thanks for mencoder

--Alex