[MEncoder-users] 转发: Re: converting and subtitle questions

zechao wang wzc0066 at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Mar 23 10:08:29 CET 2008

Hello Alex Samad:

 I'm using ubuntu. And after the package gpac was  installed, MP4Box could be found in my system.

Step of my operation:

user the 2-pass enc to convert rmvb to avi (-ovc lavc -oac faac)
 MP4Box -aviraw audio mymov.avi
 MP4Box -aviraw video mymov.avi
## I don't know why it should be renamed, just following the others.
mv mymov_audio.raw "$movie".aac
 mv mymov_video.FMP4 "$movie".m4v
 MP4Box -add mymov.aac -add mymov.m4v mymov.mp4

But file mymov.mp4 could not be played in my cellphone (my phone support xvid+aac)!

How should i do ?
Could you give me some advice, thank you very much.

Alex Samad  写道: On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:16:00AM +0800, zechao wang wrote:
> Hello :
>
> My destination is mp4, and it's ovc and oac should  be xvid and aac, or it could not be played in my cellphone.
you should check out the difference between xvid and dixv. (from my
limited knowledge - basically the same standard, but one is a closed src
and the other is open source).  I have never had any problem playing
xvid on a divx or vis versa

> I have searched about mp4box, and i found it has nothing to do with Linux.
> All documentation and software are based on Windows(but i have no Windows).
I use it on linux, I am running debian

> Yes, quality of the movie is good with 2-pass enc. But it's still avi . And it should be converted to mp4 . I don't know how to do it besides ffmpeg .
I have a version running on linux, it is part of the gpac deb package

> My idea is : if i can use xvid to convert to aiv, then i could use command
> ffmpeg -y -i $avi -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mp4 $avi.mp4
> to make the destination. With this method, the quality could be maintained i think.
>
> My video is anime .
>
> zwang at wzc:~/Downloads$ sudo /usr/share/doc/mplayer/examples/midentify  mymov.rmvb
> ID_AUDIO_ID=0
> ID_VIDEO_ID=1
> ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME0=name
> ID_CLIP_INFO_VALUE0=Ӱ?ӵ۹?(bbs.cnxp.com)[rockman_exe_the_movie]
> ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME1=author
> ID_CLIP_INFO_VALUE1=??Ӱ?ӵ۹?CNXP?????????????????
> ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME2=copyright
> ID_CLIP_INFO_VALUE2=www.cnxp.com(C)2006
> ID_CLIP_INFO_N=3
> ID_FILENAME="mymov.rmvb"
> ID_DEMUXER=real
> ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=RV40
> ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
> ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=704
> ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=396
> ID_VIDEO_FPS=23.000
> ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
> ID_AUDIO_CODEC=ffcook
> ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=cook
> ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=64080
> ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
> ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
> ID_LENGTH=2989.00
> ID_VIDEO_CODEC=rv3040
>

> zwang at wzc:~/Downloads$ sudo /usr/share/doc/mplayer/examples/midentify  mymov.avi
> ID_VIDEO_ID=0
> ID_AUDIO_ID=1
> ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME0=Software
> ID_CLIP_INFO_VALUE0=MEncoder 2:0.99+1.0pre7try2+cvs20060117-0ubuntu8.1
> ID_CLIP_INFO_N=1
> ID_FILENAME="mymov.avi"
> ID_DEMUXER=avi
> ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=FMP4
> ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=523832
> ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=400
> ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=240
> ID_VIDEO_FPS=23.000
> ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
> ID_AUDIO_CODEC=faad
> ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=28781
> ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=128000
> ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
> ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
> ID_LENGTH=2987.22
> ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffodivx
>
> Any ideas ? Thank you !
>
> Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto
 ?????? > Hello, sorry for troubling again.

> >  If i want to use "-ovc xvid -xvidopts $str", what the $str should be here to instead of "-ovc lavc -lavcopts vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=0:brd_scale=2:mbd=2:trell:v4mv:last_pred=3:predia=3:dia=3:cbp:preme=2:vqcomp=0.6:vbitrate=600:vpass=2:turbo" ?
>
> First, I don't know about Xvid options. Second, my testing has showed
> that lavc mpeg4 yields better quality and speed than Xvid. Why do you
> want to use Xvid?
>
> Oh, and I forgot to ask. With your latest two-pass encoding (which you
> already told me that it worked), was the quality good?
>
> Oh, and so we can help you more, you should tell us something about
> your video. Is it a live action movie, or is it anime? Also, use the
> command
> midentify YOURMOVIE
>
> And post the output here

"No question that the enemy has tried to spread sectarian violence. They use violence as a tool to do that."

 - George W. Bush
03/22/2006
Washington, DC