[MEncoder-users] Joining movie parts without recompressing

SasQ sasq1 at go2.pl
Sat Mar 22 05:18:40 CET 2008

Dnia 21-03-2008 o 20:51:53 Grozdan Nikolov (openSUSE Linux)
<microchip at telenet.be> napisał:

>> Does it work also for other formats than AVI? [e.g. wmv]
>
> yes but the output will be AVI. I'm not sure if the lavf muxer
> handles wmv files so you can output them but you can try with
> -of lavf -lavfopts format=wmv

Thanks, it works! :D
Last thing left is how to copy only video streams, without sound?
I've tried without -oac flag, but mencoder told me that flag is necessary.
So I've checked mencoder -oac help, but there are only those options:

    copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding (useful for AC3)
    pcm      - uncompressed PCM audio
    mp3lame  - cbr/abr/vbr MP3 using libmp3lame
    lavc     - FFmpeg audio encoder (MP2, AC3, ...)
    twolame  - Twolame MP2 audio encoder
    faac     - FAAC AAC audio encoder

There isn't anything like "none" :|

--