[MEncoder-users] Adjusting audio in and concatenating MPEG1 files

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Thu Mar 13 08:35:40 CET 2008

>   mencoder -af volnorm=1 -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=160 -ovc copy
> -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf  -of mpeg -o "$base.mpg" $sources

It is recommended to use "-vop harddup" for any source formats but AVI to
keep lipsync. Also I've noticed at more or less recent MEncoder SVN builds
(since RC2), that "-lameopts abr" also brings missync sometimes. The only
option I've found working OK is "-lameopts cbr". Personally I don't see any
valuable reason why do not use it.

HTH!