[MEncoder-users] H.264 Encoding for AppleTV

Derek Newton dnewton at newtonres.net
Sun Mar 9 00:12:46 CET 2008

All,

I've searched around and haven't been able to find an answer on this, so I
would definitely appreciate any help that you could give to me.

I'm trying to use mencoder to covert dvr-ms files to .mp4 files and I'm able
to import them into iTunes and play them from within iTunes.  Unfortunately,
when I go to sync to my AppleTV, iTunes says that it is unable to sync the
video to the AppleTV as it is unable to play on the AppleTV.  Am I missing
something?  This is the mencoder profile that I'm using:

profile-desc="H.264 Apple Compatible (No Resize)"
vf=pullup,softskip,pp=fd,scale=:-2,hqdn3d,harddup
lavdopts=threads=2
ovc=x264=yes
x264encopts=threads=auto:subq=5:frameref=4:me=umh:partitions=all:b-pyramid=yes:qcomp=
0.8:trellis=1:nocabac=yes:level_idc=13:bitrate=1200
oac=faac=yes
faacopts=br=192:raw=yes:mpeg=4:tns=yes:object=2
af=volnorm=2
of=lavf=yes
lavfopts=format=mp4

Thanks in advance for your help!