[MEncoder-users] h264 (and help with encoding) or divx

Brian Penick bydivinerite at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 02:14:29 CET 2008

I suggest changing b_pyramid to nob_pyramid, subq=7 to subq=6 (you shouldn't
notice a drop in quality at all but it will speed up the encode), and
frameref=4 to frameref=2.  Optionally you could increase the b_bias to 20
(b_bias=20) to favor bframes a little more since b_adapt still strongly
favors P frames even when the image is totally still.  But I'm pretty sure
your biggest issue here is the b_pyramid option.