[MEncoder-users] A set of RM file can't be converted

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Mar 5 12:31:14 CET 2008

Chao Xu wrote:

> All the RM videos from aduni.org doesn't work
> Here is a test file
> ftp://ftp.aduni.org/videos/ShaiLecture.rm (20MB)
> when I run it, it tells me "Video Stream is mandatory"
> I used rmfix to check up on that file, it shows it doesn't implement a video
> stream. It's strange, Real Alternative can decode the video fine.
> Since Real Alternative can play the file, there must be a way for Mencoder
> to convert it too, right?

No.

It should be very much possible for MPlayer to *play* the file (I
haven't tested), but MEncoder is a video encoder, which also happens to
have audio-encoding capabilities because most files with video have
accompanying audio.

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer