[MEncoder-users] FLV Encoding Troubles

dragon at gamerstube.com dragon at gamerstube.com
Sun Jun 22 05:29:10 CEST 2008

I posted a month back with an issue encoding to WMV. It turned out I needed
to limit frames per second down to 25 and raise the keyint up to apprx 250
or higher. This solved all my issues until I moved to a new, more powerful
server. The new server is a 64-bit compared to the older 32-bit machine I
had been running on.

Immediately videos began to encode poorly. My server manager upgraded the
convert code and the mencoder version thinking it would solve the problem,
but still videos that are uploaded that are over 30fps (most are 1,000fps)
come out laggy and playback slowly on most machines.

To me to seems as though the code is not executing the keyint and/or the
-ofps. Any help or hints is highly appreciated.

Here is the code:
{$encodecommand="$config[mencoder] $config[vdodir]/$vdoname -o
$config[flvdodir]/".$vid."x.flv -mc 0 -demuxer lavf -of lavf -oac mp3lame
-lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=flv:vbitrate=$config[vbitrate]:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:keyint=500:cbp:last_pred=3
-ofps 25 -srate $config[sbitrate]";}