[MEncoder-users] Encodes for slow laptop

Stella-Terra Clemens stellaterraclemens at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 19:12:14 CEST 2008

*Sigh*
I wish I could write scripts like that.  I simply need to be way more adept
at shell scripting.  This looks very complicated.  Do you ever have trouble
with desync?  I have a DVD (Noam Chompsky's Manufacturing Consent) that's
badly scratched.  I used DDRescue to recover all but about 6 megs of the
disk, but now the encode always end up getting badly desynced when it hits
the scratches.  Would your script take care of that (I ask because people
are saying the only way to ensure sync is to encode both audio and video
together, and this script encodes them seperately.)
Thank you,
Stella