[MEncoder-users] libdvdread 0.97 and libdvdnav under MinGW

JonY 10walls at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 15:37:17 CEST 2008

Nigel Arnold wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Are there are guides for building libdvdread and libdvdnav under MinGW, so I
> can then build mencoder/mplayer to use mingw
>
> or if anyone has a precompiled (late svn) binary of mencoder/mplayer with
> DVDNAV support, that would be appreciated.
>

> I've struggled for a few days to get either of these libs compiled
>
> Regards

Hi,
libdvdnav includes libdvdread. The source repo is found here:
svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav

Once you check out the code, if you want to use the shared dll versions,
run the "autogen.sh" script first, then run "configure" and make.
Otherwise, running configure2 then make should be enough.

If you need libdvdcss support add "CFLAGS='-DHAVE_DVDCSS_DVDCSS_H'
LIBS=-ldvdcss" to configure. libdvdcss needs to be installed first though.