[MEncoder-users] Audio / Video Sync issue

karl-heinz-1950 at web.de karl-heinz-1950 at web.de
Sat Jun 7 11:27:48 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have the following:

DVD: Audio / Video Sync is okay

VOB: vob file created on hard disk using vobcopy. File on hard disk audio / video sync is okay

MPG: used mencoder to create an mpeg file out of it, I've tried different options:

mencoder  -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -oac copy -ovc copy  -o outfile.mpg infile.vob
mencoder  -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -oac copy -ovc copy -vf harddup -o outfile.mpg infile.vob
mencoder -forceidx -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -oac copy -ovc copy -vf harddup -o outfile.mpg infile.vob

Result is for all versions the same, the video / audio is out of sync. It looks like that the lag between audio and video is constant and doesn't increase over time (in case that matters), I would say it is about 0.5 - 1s, you clearly see people moving the mouth and then you hear what they say, so sound is behind.

Any idea?

Thanks!