[MEncoder-users] divx v's x264

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Thu Jun 5 09:33:20 CEST 2008

* RC on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 at 03:28:55 -0700
> Also, doing postprocessing before encoding is basically always
> nonsense.

Would you mind elaborating on that a little bit?

>From my unexeperienced pov it looks like this, but I'm eager to
be corrected:

a) for deinterlace filters (eg pp=lb) imho it makes sense to be
   basically right at the front of the filter chain
b) even pp=ac or pp=de and friends should come before scale
   because they should work with as much info as possible

And, more important, /how/ exactly do you obtain that behaviour?

I tried with -vf-add as the very last option and could see no
difference in the messenges mencoder was putting out. Is there a
msglevel setting (filters, but again my first experiments showed
no decisive difference) that can be tweaked to show the
difference?

thx

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]

_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  -->>  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/