[MEncoder-users] parsing m2ts files

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 1 20:28:48 CEST 2008

Because of the decoder errors I encountered with m2ts files containing
h264 video streams (noted previously) I updated my mplayer and mencoder
to the latest versions. Unfortunately, the problem remains. Because of
this, I'm having to decode the video with an AviSynth script rather than
directly. Is there a problem with mplayer/mencoder's h264 decoder that
is not shared by the DirectShow decoder (default or ffdshow), because
when I use either of those decoders, all of the visual errors (smearing,
coloured macroblocks) vanish. AviSynth handling  is definitely not a
cross-platform solution, and is quite a bit slower than being able to
directly read the files.