[MEncoder-users] Convert to PSP compatible MP4: Rescaling

Shuang Wu shuang.wu at bitcomet.com
Thu Jul 31 06:10:13 CEST 2008

*James Hastings-Trew* wrote:
> Unless I am horribly wrong here (under the influence of cold medicine)
> you'll need to actually calculate the scale yourself rather than rely on
> the -10:272 trick. Then you'll need to put a dsize command in your
> filter chain to set the PAR.
>
> -vf pullup,softskip,scale=xxx:yyy,dsize=xxx:yyy,harddup,unsharp=l3×3:0.7
>
> That should fix that problem for you... but that might be the codiene
> talking.

Thanks for your advise. But it's still not work...

And I found if I specify

-vf pullup,softskip,scale=xxx:yyy,dsize=xxx:yyy,harddup,unsharp=l3×3:0.7

where xxx is more than 400 pixels, e.g. 416:272, the recaling would be
done without any problem,
but otherwise, it would definately fail, such as 320:240. I also tried

dsize=xxx:yyy:2

and the '-aspect' instruction

-aspect xxx:yyy

It was not work either.