[MEncoder-users] green noise using -vf yadif

Tobias Brockamp tobiasbrockamp at gmx.de
Fri Jul 25 20:05:02 CEST 2008

Am 25.07.2008 um 19:54 schrieb Brian Penick:

> Have you tried playing it in mplayer and running -vf cropdetect? Or
> just run
> crop=720:560 before scaling it.  You lose a little bit of video but
> it might
> remove the green line.

in my first mail i wrote:

"
In the previous thread Carl Eugen Hoyos suggested this:

"Do you see them when you try:
mplayer capture.dv -vf yadif
mplayer capture.dv -vf yadif,scale=-10:-1
mplayer capture.dv -vf scale=-10:-1,yadif
"

I tried this all out and using mplayer the green noise isn't there
but all mencoder lines results with green noise, so it seems to be a
problem
with mencoder?

I also tried encoding my MPG File with megui (x264) using an avisynth
script including
yadif, the result has no green noise.
"