[MEncoder-users] Use mencoder to edit Flash video

Gawen ARAB gawen at gawgle.net
Mon Jul 21 16:36:52 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm using mencoder to create video to be readable by flash applet. I encode
my HD video in h.264 with options I found on the Internet.

However those options does not make my video bitrate constant. You know than
CBR is better for streaming, and I want to stream those future encoded
video.

First tests with my VBR options gave pretty good results. Two pass even
better. But I would know if it is possible to set H.264 in CBR mode ? And if
it is, how ?

My second question is more general : have you tips/links to improve vido
encoding in h.264 for flash ?

My options was inspired by this article
http://massanti.com/2008/01/01/encoding-h264-aacplus-with-mencoder-for-flash/.

Cheers,