[MEncoder-users] msmpegv4 vs msmpeg

srdan bejakovic s.bejakovic at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 21:23:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've recently downloaded the  dev-SVN-r27330-3.4.5 version of MPlayer and
compiled it on SunOs. I'm trying to convert some files that were apparently
encoded with the mp42 (S-Mpeg4 Version 2) codec, which I guess is a
Microsoft mpeg 4 codec. I'm trying the following:

./mencoder in.avi -o out.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4

I get:

AVI_NI: No video stream found.
Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported

I checked in the libavcodec and there is no corresponding msmpeg4v2 codec,
even though I've seen it referenced occasionally in older mailing list
posts. Has the msmpeg4 codec absorbed the msmpeg4v2 one? Any other ideas
about what I might do to fix this problem?